The Right Fit
Fitting Events Continue to Grow in Popularity
By Deborah L. Vence
Tips for Success
So, what does it take to make a fitting event successful?
"To ensure you're going to have a successful event, I would recommend requesting referrals first," Williams suggested.
Fitting events provide guests with the personalized instant gratification aspect of gifting, as well as offer an authentic experience.
"As more and more companies begin to market themselves as an event company, it's important to ensure they have managed successful events in the past," he said.
Landry recommended keeping the assortment of products small.
"That's important. I would say for processing time, get your visual appearance right. We have banner stands," he said. It's important for meeting planners to spend time on what the room looks like, everything from the ballroom decorations.
"Analyze everything to the nth degree, to make a good presentation. There's a little bit of presentation. You really do need to invest in signage, like table drapes, display tables or display fixtures or something," he added.
He also reiterated the importance of making sure that you have the manpower to service the recipients. "You have to understand the flow of the event," he said.
Hatch's tips for success include asking questions:
- Does the company you're working with provide a true brand experience?
- Does the gift have a broad and lasting appeal? What sort of gift can be provided that will appeal to a wide range of demographic—age range, gender or lifestyle?
- What costs are covered by the gifting company, and what costs are put back on the planner? Get a breakdown of every aspect of the experience prior to the event.
- How is inventory handled?
- What are the destination considerations, and how do they work with taxes and duties? Do they have distribution centers throughout the world to help with cost savings and/or shipping logistics?
- What are the minimum and maximum requirements?